Robert’s first assignment as a consultant was as speechwriter to legendary creative director and copywriter Martin Puris, formerly Chair and CEO of Ammirati Puris Lintas.
In addition to be being a gifted creator of speeches for others, Robert speaks and conducts workshops on direct marketing, marketing discipline integration, account management, and related topics for a wide range of organizations. He does book signings and Q&A sessions around the third edition of The Art of Client Service.
- “Five Ways to Build Trust with Clients and Colleagues,” to The Miami Ad School, as part of their “Industry Heroes” program.
- “Formulating a Creative Brief that Drives Great Creative” for AKA.
- “What Clients Want, and How to Give it to Them,” for AKA, DCI, Hubspot, and o2kl.
- “How to be Great at Client Service” for Deep Focus and Digitas Health.
- “The Quest for a Unified Theory of Client Service,” address at HubSpot’s INBOUND14 conference.
- “The Past, Present, and Future of Marketing,” address to DMIX.
- “Three Theories of Client Service for the Digital Age,” webinar for The Society of Digital Agencies (SoDA).
- “Client Disasters, Agency Meltdowns, and How to Avoid Them,” workshop for Impact Branding & Design; webinar for Thought Legion.
- Book signings and Q&A sessions for MWW group and Kaplow Communications.
- “Why Client Service Matters:” address to Saatchi & Saatchi X, Springdale, AR; Avenue A/Razorfish, San Francisco; Eleven, San Francisco; and [X + 1], New York.
- Keynote at the first Hellenic account management conference, Athens, Greece, as part of Advertising Week for SE Europe.
- Keynote to the Carat senior management conference, New York.
- “Direct Marketing 101,” workshop for students in Columbia University’s Masters Degree in Strategic Communications.
- “What Makes a Great Account Person,” presentation at DM Days New York.
- “Managing Relationships,” seminar for senior account staff from Omnicom/DAS agencies.
- “Everybody’s a Client,” presentation at Messner Vetere Berger McNamee Schmetterer / EURO RSCG.
- “Avoid the Pitch from Hell,” presentation to the Association of National Advertisers, Advertising Management Committee.